132 +/- Acres
Ramer, AL 36069
1st class fishing, stunning hardwood timber, gently rolling topography, and a prime property for a weekend getaway or primary residence!
SKYWOOD LAKES is the premier fishing and recreational property in Alabama boasting three large lakes of 8, 12, and 15 acres in a setting that will make you never want to leave. The Lakes are surrounded by gorgeous mature hardwoods that roll throughout the property with elevations ranging from 280 ft to 340 ft. The lakes were meticulously managed for 60 years by the Knudsen family before the current owner purchased the estate in the early 2000’s. For the last 15 years it has become a weekend getaway and a place to entertain countless friends and family.
The Virden family has added cedar trees for structure around the lakes to enhance the population of the blue gill hatchlings and fingerlings to thrive. Later they supplemented it with threadfin shad providing extra forage for the bass with the added benefit of taking pressure off the bluegill. A fish report from American Sports Fish is available for interested parties that show everything done to maintain a world class fishing experience. There’s also a 4 br modular home with a large back porch overlooking Lake 1
- 3 Incredible fishing lakes with world class trophy bass totaling 35 acres of water.
- 4 bed 4 full Bath Modular Home (Approximately 2700 sq ft) that can sleep up to 18. There is a large back-porch overlooking Lake 1 and the home comes with lots of furnishings and upgrades.
- Waterfowl & other avian species such as Bald Eagles, Osprey, & Great Blue Herons
- Large whitetail and wild turkey populations range throughout the hardwood bottoms and green fields.
- Several shooting houses and stands will remain with the property.
- Also included are 3 pontoon boats with trolling motors, 2 aluminum john boats with 8 batteries and chargers, 8 Adirondack Chairs surrounding a fire pit, a Green Egg Grill, an additional grill with a Blackstone Griddle, a John Deere zero turn radius mower, lots of fishing equipment, a two-carport shed, chicken house, and much more
- Ideal Location only 17 miles from Montgomery with easy access up HWY 331